Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I just received the call from my pediatrician.

Perry's Autopsy results are in.

Here it is. The fear, the grief comingling. The feeling of not wanting to go in but having no real choice. If I do not go it will always hang over me... probably will anyway. At least we will not invent new horrors in our minds.

So sometime tomorrow the nurse will call to set up the time for the afternoon. It will probably be towards the end of the day so we will not have to wind through a waiting room with blury eyes.

What will it say?

In times like this all you can do is pray. Hope that my pediatrician is guided to use words that will help settle the hanging cloud. I wonder if he prays as well? What goes through his mind? Does he even remember his little patient?

Oh God give us strength.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Heavenly Father, please give the Williams family the strength they need to make it through a difficult day tomorrow. Bless them with peace, with comfort, with the knowledge that they are deeply loved, that they are never alone. Help them to face the day with courage and faith. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he remembers his patient. This is dreadful for him as well- rem his life's work is taking care of children and their parents. Big hugs to you today, I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey I'm sorry, but it's best to know...hopefully it will bring you some peace, though I know the pain will always be there. Hugs

    ReplyDelete